When winter’s here, we want something soft and warm for our hands. We also want something that’s a little fancy and special. These scalloped edges are just the thing.
They can be made using you favourite size of needles and with your favourite yarn. The example shown above used 2 mm needles, using Drops Baby Alpaca Silk. The example below used 2 mm needles, using an Estonian wool.
In the one-day workshop, supplied materials will include 2 mm double pointed needles and a merino wool. NOTE: we will not complete a mitten in this workshop. We will bring the work to the point where you can made the body of a glove or cast off for a wristlet.
Skills required are:
- casting on and off
- garter stitch
- stocking stitch
- eyelet: yarn over, knit two together (yo, k2 together)
- knitting flat and knitting in the round on double pointed needles
- (optional): stranded two-colour knitting
- 9:30 am to 3:30 pm Thursday, November 7, 2019 or
- 9:30 am to 3:30 pm Saturday, November 9, 2019
- Victoria BC location to be announced, depending on class size (maximum 6)
- tea and water are supplied. You are responsible for your own lunch.