Add a little flair to your mitten cuffs or hat with a two-colour braid. Like many knitting techniques, it’s easier than it looks. It’s made with rows of knit and purl, with yarn carried along.
Take a two-hour workshop to get the hang of making a braid and give your Christmas presents a little more pizzazz. NOTE: in two hours, we will make several braids on a sampler. You will not have a finished item to take home.
Skills needed for this class:
- ability to knit and purl
- ability to cast on
- willingness (or experience) to knit with two colours of yarn (stranded knitting)
- willingness (or experience) to knit in the round
Materials supplied, including:
- two colours of merino yarn
- set of 2.5 mm double pointed needles
- basic mitten pattern
- 9:30 am to 1130 am on Tuesday, August 27, 2019 or
- 9:30 am to 11:30 am on Thursday, November 14, 2019 or
- 9:30 am to 11:30 am on Saturday, November 16, 2019
- Victoria BC location to be announced